Winter School on Underwater Network Simulations
We are delighted to announce the first Winter School on Underwater Network Simulations (UNWiS).
The winter school will take place in late January 2023 in Padova, Italy, and is organized by the Department of Information Engineering of the University of Padova and Wireless and More srl. UNWiS will last one week and will focus on the DESERT Underwater network simulation and experimentation framework. Every day will be split into two parts, a theoretical part where the students will attend frontal lessons to learn the concepts and procedures to perform network simulations and develop software modules, and an experimental part where the student will be required to implement the code, run simulation experiments and analyze the results.
More information follows:
- ➭ Where: University of Padova, Department of Information Engineering (DEI), via G. Gradenigo 6/b 35131, Padova, Italy
- ➭ When: 30th of January – 3rd of February 2023
- ➭ Point of Contact: Filippo Campagnaro, Assistant Professor / Research Fellow (RTDA)
- ➭ How to reach Padova: Padova’s nearest airports are Venice Marco Polo (VCE) and Treviso Canova (TSF), both 45 minutes driving (or 1 hour 15 minutes with public transport) Please find here some directions for public transportation: how to reach DEI
- ➭ What to visit: Padova is a wonderful city with many historical sites, including the very ancient University (has just celebrated the 800th anniversary of its foundation). In addition, it is located only half an hour from Venice, one hour from Verona and from Garda Lake, and two hours from the Dolomites
- ➭ Required equipment: laptop with GNU/Linux OS (recommended Ubuntu LTS), a Linux virtual machine. A WiFi connection will be available to all participants in the school
- ➭ Required knowledge: basic C/C++ and GNU/Linux OS knowledge
- ➭ Used tool: DESERT Underwater is a complete set of public C++ libraries that extend the NS-MIRACLE simulator to support the design and implementation of underwater network protocols. Get more information on DESERT Underwater at https://desert-underwater.dei.unipd.it
- ➭ Registration: The registration fee is 1000 EURO; students are eligible for a special fee of 500 EURO. The registration includes lunches and coffee breaks for all days of the school and a social dinner. The registration has to be paid via wire transfer to
- • Wireless and More
- • IBAN: IT67 G060 4502 0000 0000 5001 451
- • BIC/SWIFT: CRBZIT2B136
please specify in the wire transfer reference your name and the name of the event you are registering for.
Also, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the proof of payment, once this has been done.
To complete the registration, fill in this subscription form
The registration dealine is November 30th, 2022
The UNWiS agenda is coming soon, and will be published in this website
If you are in need of additional information, please contact email@example.com (please use tag [UNWiS] in the email subject)
The organizers and the whole DESERT Underwater team
Special thanks to our sponsor: